[PyOpenCL] PyOpenCL and compyte - status?
lists at informa.tiker.net
Tue Nov 22 10:48:58 PST 2011
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:23:58 +0100, Tomasz Rybak <bogomips at post.pl> wrote:
> I am writing with rather naive question, but what is
> the status of those two, and when can we expect new
> stable version?
> I am asking this because I am trying to build Debian
> package of PyOpenCL. Finally Debian has AMD/ATI OpenCL
> library, so I want to change PyOpenCL package to take
> this into consideration and not to require NVIDIA OpenCL
> libraries. For now, PyOpenCL tests crash:
> ============================= test session starts
> platform linux2 -- Python 2.7.2 -- pytest-1.3.4
> test path 1: test_array.py
> test_array.py E
> ==================================== ERRORS
> ERROR collecting /usr/src/cuda/pyopencl/pyopencl-2011.1.2
> test_array.py:669: in <module>
> > register_dtype(mmc_dtype, "minmax_collector")
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyopencl/compyte/dtypes.py:50: in
> > % (dtype, DTYPE_TO_NAME[dtype], ", ".join(c_names)))
> E RuntimeError: dtype '[('cur_min', '<i4'), ('cur_max',
> '<i4'), ('pad', '<i4')]' already registered (as 'minmax_collector', new
> names 'minmax_collector')
> =========================== 1 error in 0.21 seconds
> So my question is - should I just wait for few days till situation
> gets better, or is this more serious, requiring more time to fix,
> and I should just package older version for now?
This failure should be fixed in current git. Compyte will only be in the
release *after* the next stable. I've slogged through the remaining test
failures this past weekend, so I think I'm ready to release 2011.2 this
(long, in the US) weekend. So I'd recommend waiting with package
building if you can.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the PyOpenCL